John Lewis Home Insurance comes with optional Identity Theft Cover, which can help with financial and legal issues that arise when your identity is stolen.
Bank statements, receipts and invoices all contain key information about our identities, which can be stolen and abused all too easily.
Anyone who doesn’t destroy items such as these could find themselves at risk of identity theft and all the inconvenience, cost and legal issues that come with it.
John Lewis Home Insurance customers can choose to add Identity Theft Cover to their policy to ensure they’re protected.
Our Identity Theft Cover includes:
Contents in your home
- An Identity Theft Helpline
- Assistance and guidance in the event of identity theft
- Expert advice on prevention of identity theft
Prevention of identity theft
The ideal situation is to avoid becoming a victim of identity theft in the first place. If you have Identity Theft Cover included in your Home Insurance policy, our Helpline can offer advice to help prevent ID theft.
Identity Theft Helpline
If you should discover or simply suspect that you’ve become a victim of identity theft our confidential Identity Theft Helpline is there to help. Our experts can provide full assistance and guidance in recovering your identity if it’s been fraudulently stolen.
Financial assistance for identity theft victims
If you become a victim of ID theft and you hold our Identity Theft Cover, John Lewis Home Insurance will pay up to £50,000 towards the costs of:
- Legal fees associated with defending identity theft related claims made by financial institutions
- Producing documents that are needed to prove your innocence
- Removing judgements that are wrongly entered against you
- Challenging incorrect reports from credit reference agencies on the state of your finances
- Postal and phone costs incurred as you deal with financial institutions, the police and credit agencies
- Fees associated with reapplying for any loans that have been rejected as a result of the theft of your identity
- Any lost earnings caused by time away from work as a result of ID theft