help us improve
Terms and conditions
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully.
Welcome to the johnlewis-insurance.com website terms and conditions for use. John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc, which is part of the John Lewis Partnership group.
John Lewis Insurance works with a number of reputable third parties to offer you the products and services on this site. The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully.
By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you don’t agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website. Different terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of the various products and services and these can be found on the relevant providers' websites.
The information, services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the UK only and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
This website is designed to be accessed through its main product home pages and other pages as we decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to a full understanding of the products and services being offered.
Before purchasing any of the products and services, you’ll be referred to certain site pages containing details of the relevant product or service together with important legal or regulatory information, such as the terms and conditions of purchase. These should be read together with the site pages.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or withdrawal of the website; and/or
- Change the terms and conditions from time to time and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the terms and conditions of use of this website (and the websites of the third party service providers referred to above) have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the terms and conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on this website, we give no warranty and make no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of this website. Consequently, we accept no liability for any losses or damages (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of errors or omissions contained in this website. Further, no warranty is given that the website shall be available on an uninterrupted basis, and no liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of such unavailability. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with. Further, nothing in these terms and conditions shall attempt to exclude liability for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
This website contains links to other websites which are hosted and maintained by third parties. We have no control over the content or security of any such site. You link to such websites at your own risk and we make no representations regarding the content of any such website. We cannot be liable for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of such third party websites.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your registration details and/or your Personal Information.
By registering your details or purchasing a product or service from us or any of the third party providers, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and you are consenting to us collecting and storing certain personal data about you.
This data will not be used other than in the normal course of our business. The data may be used to provide the service applied for and will be used by John Lewis Insurance to keep you informed of products and services which may be of interest to you unless you have previously chosen not to receive such information. For example as part of our continual effort to improve service, one of our customer service team may contact you by telephone to discuss your quote and whether there is anything we can help you with.
If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive such information, all you need to do is write to let us know at John Lewis Insurance Customer Services, Partnership House, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1BX.
If you wish to receive details of personal data held about you by us, you may write to request this from the Company Secretary, John Lewis Partnership, Partnership House, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1BX - there is a fee for this service.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
This website contains trademarks belonging to John Lewis Insurance and other companies within the John Lewis Partnership group. No rights are granted in respect of any of the trademarks. If you’re in doubt as to whether an item is a trademark of John Lewis Insurance or a member of the John Lewis Partnership group, please contact the Company Secretary at the address shown above for clarification.
The website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
The terms and conditions of use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded with the aim of improving our service to you.
The registered company address of John Lewis plc is 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Company registration number: 233462
Terms and conditions
- Promotion open to residents of Great Britain excluding residents of Northern Ireland, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter is running a monthly prize draw with one winner per month from combined postal and online entries (as described below) (the “Monthly Draw”).
- Postal entries, for entrants who have received, and are entering by completing, a postal slip (“Postal Entries”): simply complete the postal slip and post it to the freepost address printed on the slip.
- Online entries, for entrants who are entering online (“Online Entries”): simply complete the online form at http://www.johnlewis.com/insurance/comp and click enter.
- Closing Date: Postal Entries and Online Entries must be received in the manner set out above by the Promoter by 23:59 on the 14th day of any month, to be entered into the Monthly Draw for that month, which will take place on the 15th day of the month.
- All valid Postal Entries and Online Entries will be entered into the same Monthly Draw.
- Only one entry per household. Entrants are not permitted to submit both a Postal Entry and an Online Entry. Entrants must not enter more than one Monthly Draw. There is one prize for each Monthly Draw, each prize being £500 of John Lewis gift vouchers.
- The winner of each Monthly Draw will be the entrant drawn at random from all validly submitted Postal Entries and Online Entries. Each Monthly Draw will take place within 7 days of the relevant closing date and the winner will be notified by post within a further 7 days. The prize will be sent by recorded delivery to the winner following such notification.
- In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner within 7 days of the applicable draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner.
- The selection of the winning entries will be supervised by an independent person. The winner’s details (name and county) will be available for six weeks from the draw date by sending a SAE to John Lewis Insurance Prize Draw Winners, 10th Floor, 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN to be received on or after the draw date.
- Proof of submitting your entry is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any means other than as Postal Entries or Online Entries in the manner described above will be rejected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason.
- John Lewis gift vouchers can be exchanged for goods in all John Lewis stores or at John Lewis Direct, including johnlewis.com and John Lewis Direct mail order services only. For full terms and conditions see www.johnlewis.com/insurance/terms.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- By taking part in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: John Lewis Financial Services Limited, 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN
Terms and conditions
- Customers purchasing a John Lewis Wedding Insurance policy will get a 10% discount off any level of cover.
- To qualify for the offer you must purchase a new Wedding Insurance policy and quote the promotional code 'WED2'.
- Offer cannot be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or coupon.
- John Lewis Insurance reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer at any time.
- The offer is not available to employees or retirees of the John Lewis Partnership, their dependants or their agents or anyone else connected with the promotion.
- By entering the offer, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is John Lewis Insurance, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN.
- myWaitrose customers purchasing the John Lewis Premier Pet Insurance policy in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive £40 of John Lewis vouchers.
- myWaitrose customers purchasing the John Lewis Plus Pet Insurance policy in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive £20 of John Lewis vouchers.
- To qualify for this offer you must be a registered myWaitrose account holder and purchase a John Lewis Pet Insurance policy quoting the promotional code PET16.
- This offer does not apply to policies cancelled within 14 days of receipt of policy documents.
- The £40 or £20 of John Lewis vouchers will be sent to the policyholder within 60 days of the purchase date of the policy, following the 14 day statutory cancellation period, to the address provided.
- John Lewis vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- This offer is limited to one redemption per household.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of John Lewis vouchers, see www.johnlewis.com.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time in its absolute discretion and with no liability to customers.
- This offer is not available to employees or retirees of the John Lewis Partnership, their dependants or their agents or anyone else connected with the Promoter.
- By entering this offer, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This offer and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is John Lewis Financial Services Limited 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN.