Skip to navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer

To give you the best and most secure online experience possible, our website uses cookies. Continue to use the website if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

Home Insurance from John Lewis
Specialist Home Insurance from John Lewis

Why choose John Lewis Home Insurance?

Get the level of cover that’s right for your home with John Lewis Home Insurance. Choose from Essential, Plus or Premier Cover to get the level of cover that suits your needs.

With our Premier Cover, we don’t ask you to estimate the value of your contents or the cost of rebuilding your home because we offer unlimited Buildings and Contents Cover.


With our 24 hour Home Emergency service, if a pipe bursts in your house, making it unsafe or risking further damage to your home or contents, we could find a reliable tradesperson and pay up to £1,500 towards labour and parts.


With Accidental Damage Cover, if you accidentally spill red wine on your carpet we could cover cleaning or replacement.


We can protect your belongings wherever you go with Worldwide Personal Possessions Cover up to £25,000.††


Unlimited Buildings and Contents Insurance.


Get a quote

† Policy limits apply including legal liability, single item and total valuables limits.
†† Single item limits apply.
For new customers purchasing online. Minimum premiums apply.


If you have more specific needs like valuables worth over £20,000 each or a house with more than six bedrooms, take a look at our Specialist Home Insurance.

Specialist Home Insurance

Compare our cover


Unlimited Alternative Accommodation as standard Total valuables limit of £40,000 as standard Unlimited Buildings Cover as standard Unlimited Contents Cover as standard
John Lewis Premier Cover yes   yes*    yes**   yes*
Aviva Home Insurance
(Bedroom rated) 
no no no no
Direct Line Home
Insurance Plus
no no yes no
Saga Home Insurance no no no no
Sainsbury's Premier Cover no no yes no

Source: John Lewis Insurance Defaqto search March 2016.
* Policy Limits apply including single item and total valuables limits.
** Policy Limits apply including legal liability limits.

Get a quote
RSA and JLI logos

We have carefully selected Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc to underwrite John Lewis Home Insurance.


Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility acceptance criteria apply.

John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (No. 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Home Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323). Calls may be recorded and monitored.


More about our Home Insurance