Skip to navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer

To give you the best and most secure online experience possible, our website uses cookies. Continue to use the website if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

John Lewis Home Insurance - Save 20% online*

Why choose John Lewis Home Insurance?

We’ve always designed our insurance to meet your needs. That’s why we offer three levels of cover, so you can easily find the policy that’s just right for you. And, whichever one you choose, you can be sure that it comes with all the trust, service and quality you’d expect from us:


99% of customers recommend us†


We don’t ask you to itemise individual possessions up to £3,000


If you have a home emergency, we’re on hand 24/7


We’ll find alternative accommodation if you can’t stay in your home††

It only takes a few minutes to get a quote. Just click or call now to find the right cover for you.

Get a quote

Quality cover that fits your home

  Essential Plus Premier
Buildings Cover* £400,000 £1 million Unlimited
Contents Cover*  £50,000 £75,000 Unlimited
Alternative Accommodation £60,000** £115,000** Unlimited
Accidental Damage X Standard cover Full cover
Home Emergency Cover Optional (£500) Optional (£1,000) £1,500

If your home has specific cover requirements, no problem. Our Specialist Home Insurance can offer a tailored policy to suit.

Get a quote
2 elements 247x485
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best I could find - friendly contacts Found this the best insurance for us and easy to take up.
Date published: 2016-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from home insurance I purchased the policy over the phone after using a comparison site. Although not the cheapest quote initially, when I looked in further what i was receiving as standard compared to the add on's on other quotes, it was actually very competitive.
Date published: 2016-08-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Insurance with confidence Easy to understand, easy to purchase. Previous experience of John Lewis home insurance made me very happy that it was competitive on price this time around.
Date published: 2016-08-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by from OK but got the start date wrong! However, after one phone call the matter was put right and the new documentation arrived very quickly thereafter.
Date published: 2016-08-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Price great for like for like policy with others Still to early to comment - policy not yet active.
Date published: 2016-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from House and Contents Insurance Met everything that I required comparing previous policy with this one
Date published: 2016-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Insurance The customer service when purchasing this insurance was great, The staff kept in touch from the day we asked for a quote and explained everything fully.
Date published: 2016-08-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Changed to John Lewis My previous insurer raised my house policy cost by over £100 a year for no apparent reason. I cancelled the policy and checked out John Lewis who quoted a very competitive price, plus it was easy to change.
Date published: 2016-08-10
  • 2016-08-26T06:51CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.3.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_138, tr_690
  • loc_en_GB, sid_HOME_Purchase_PLUS, PRD, sort_mostRecent
  • clientName_jlpfinance
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-
  • getReviews, method:CLOUD, 0ms

Feedback from our customers helps us offer you the best possible service. The reviews above outline the opinions of our customers, who are asked to consider a range of criteria and to give an overall rating. These views are those of individual customers and are based on their experience of their product, policies and received services.

Home Insurance - A customer's story


Home Insurance FAQs

What does Home Emergency Cover include?

If you have Home Emergency Cover included in your Home Insurance, our trained advisors are available 24 hours a day to advise on how to minimise the impact of an emergency.

They will arrange for a qualified tradesperson to come out to you often within two hours, to make emergency repairs to your home if it isn't secure, becomes unsafe, or loses its main source of heating, lighting or water (hot or cold) because of:

Failure or damage to plumbing or drainage system of your home 

Failure of the primary heating system

Failure of the electricity supply 

Your roof no longer being watertight

Damage to or breakage of window frame or panes.

Home Emergency cover also provides cover for the removal of vermin (rats, mice, squirrels, or wasps).

It doesn't cover: 

The normal day-to-day maintenance of the property

Boilers over 15 years old or with an output of 60kW or more

Boilers not serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.

Your options:

Essential Cover: up to £500 of cover
Plus Cover: up to £1,000 of cover 
Premier Cover: automatically included, up to £1,500.

If you live in rented accommodation, Home Emergency Cover isn't available.

RSA and JLI logos

We have carefully selected Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc to underwrite John Lewis Home Insurance.


Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility acceptance criteria apply.

John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (No. 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Home Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323). Calls may be recorded and monitored.


More about our Home Insurance