Skip to navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer

To give you the best and most secure online experience possible, our website uses cookies. Continue to use the website if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

Protect your holiday home with Specialist Home Insurance

Having a holiday home abroad to escape to can be a great investment. Whether it’s a beach house, a mountain-top chalet or a French gite you’ll want to make sure your home abroad is protected.

Customers who have their main home insured with John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance can take advantage of our cover for holiday homes and second properties.

Why choose Specialist Home Insurance?


Accidental Damage Cover protects all your buildings and contents, regardless of whether they’re part of your overseas holiday home or your main home.


Our New for Old policy insures your holiday home’s contents for the amount they would cost brand new.


Holiday homes abroad tend to incorporate different styles of architecture, so John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance covers Unusual structures including flat roofs and timber frames.


Any high-value art and antiques kept in your holiday home will be automatically covered for their full market value or for the cost of replacement.


Outdoor items and features found in holiday homes abroad, including garden furniture, swimming pools, hot-tubs, hard tennis courts, ornamental ponds and fountains are all protected.


John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered in England No. 233462. Registered office 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN. John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Covea Insurance plc. John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance is underwritten by Covea Insurance plc. Registered in England and Wales No. 613259. Registered office Norman Place, Reading, RG1 8DA. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority No. 202277.


More about our Home Insurance