What do people most look forward to on their wedding day?
Planning a wedding involves a lot of preparation, not least making sure you choose the best Wedding Insurance you can to protect yourself from any mishaps or unfortunate events.
Naturally everyone hopes that they won’t have to make a claim and that their special day will be the best day of their life without any problems.
However, if you do have to make a claim, it’s much easier if you’re organised. That way the claim should be relatively easy to handle and quick to resolve.
Follow our top tips on preparing for a Wedding Insurance claim.
- Take out a wedding insurance policy as soon as you start paying for your wedding - then you’re covered straightaway
- Don’t make yourself ill worrying about your wedding - if it starts to get on top of you and you have John Lewis Wedding Insurance, call our Stress Counselling Helpline on 0845 078 7587
- When booking suppliers, make sure you read all the small print and terms and conditions of all contracts before signing them
- Get all contracts with suppliers in writing so you have proof of all details - if a supplier turns up late you’ll have the agreed time in their contract
- If you need to alter anything with your suppliers, ask for a new contract with the new arrangements
- Make sure you have copies of all receipts - you may need proof of payment
- Take photos of flowers, garments, rings etc. so if they’re damaged or stolen you’ll have an example of the original item
- Confirm everything with all suppliers a few weeks before the wedding
- If you’re struggling with a contract dispute and have John Lewis Wedding Insurance, phone our Legal Advice Helpline on 0845 078 7587
- Call your wedding insurance provider as soon as possible if you need to cancel or postpone your wedding.
John Lewis Wedding Insurance
If something goes wrong and you do have to make a claim on your Wedding Insurance, the more organised you are, the easier it will be.
John Lewis Wedding Insurance offers a high level of wedding cover for weddings costing from £10,000 to £100,000 and our wedding policies start from just £58*.
We could also cover any irrecoverable costs if a prospective marriage or civil partner, close relative or one of your wedding party falls ill and you have to cancel your wedding, as long as it is not due to a pre-existing medical condition.
For further tips and advice, please see our quick guide (PDF).
* Based on Cover Level 1.
Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply.
John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (No. 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Wedding Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323). Calls may be recorded and monitored.