help us improve
John Lewis Life Cover?
Know how much you're paying each month - depending on the type of cover or options you choose, your premiums are guaranteed to stay the same as you get older, unless you increase or extend your cover.
Cover to suit your needs - you choose how long you’d like cover for and the amount your family or partner would need.
Early payment - receive payment if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness before the cover ends, where death is expected within 12 months.
We’ll help you all the way through the claims process - with a dedicated claims handler.
John Lewis Life Cover is provided by Friends Life and Pensions Limited.
A John Lewis Life Cover Plan doesn't have a cash-in value and if you stop paying before the end of the cover term the plan stops and you won't receive anything back.
It's important to remember that the buying power of any money paid out will reduce with inflation and changing your cover will change the cost of the plan.
What type of Life Cover do you need?
It’s simple to get the protection you need with John Lewis Life Cover.
We offer the following covers:
Pays a cash sum that stays the same throughout the cover period unless you increase or extend your cover.
Pays a cash sum, the level of which reduces each month in line with the capital outstanding on a repayment mortgage with an interest rate of 10% a year. Premiums will stay the same throughout the cover period.
- Decreasing Term Cover
Pays a lump sum, the level of which decreases each month at an equal rate throughout the cover period. Premiums will stay the same throughout the cover period.
- Family Income Benefit Cover
The cash sum is paid in annual installments for each year remaining in the cover period after a claim is accepted.
- Renewable Term Cover
Pays a fixed cash sum, where your cover is renewed every five or ten years. This will either increase or decrease what you pay based on current premium rates and your age, without the need for further medical evidence. Terms and conditions apply which may change at renewal.
You can apply for any of the cover options to cover just you, you and another person, or one or two people not including you.
* Please remember, as we can't offer you advice, you will need to decide if Life Cover is suitable for you. If you're not sure, a financial advisor can help you decide.
All our policies are designed to look after you right from the beginning. As soon as your cover starts, you could benefit from these additional features.
- 24/7 medical advice with Bupa HealthLine: If you have our Life Cover policy and have any questions about your health, you can call the Bupa HealthLine. Their team of qualified and experienced nurses are ready to answer your call at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Expert second opinions using the service of Best Doctors®: If you’re diagnosed with a serious illness, we can help provide you with peace of mind by referring your case to a world-class medical expert.
- Optional Fracture Cover: To help you cope with a fracture and the inconvenience that comes with it, you can claim a lump sum of up to £2,100 during any 12 month period for just £2.00 a month extra. This is providing that you suffer one of the fractures specified in your policy document.
- Optional Premium Waiver: If an illness or injury prevents you from working for over three months, we’ll waive your premiums until you’re well enough to work again, or until your cover ends. Premium waiver is available at an additional cost.
Best Doctors and Bupa HealthLine are non-contractual benefits that may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Bupa HealthLine is provided by or through subsidiary companies of the Bupa Group.
BEST DOCTORS is a registered trademark of Best Doctors Inc. Used with permission.
We have carefully selected Friends Life and Pensions Limited to
provide John Lewis Life Cover.
Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply.