Skip to navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer

To give you the best and most secure online experience possible, our website uses cookies. Continue to use the website if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

If you have a second home, you may find that standard home insurance doesn't offer you sufficient protection against loss or damage. Second homes usually require tailor made insurance to suit how you and your family use it.

John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance offers a high level of protection for second home and personal belongings - in the UK or abroad.

John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance includes as standard:


Specialist cover for additional homes, buy-to-let properties and holiday homes - in the UK and abroad.


Non-standard properties covered, such as thatched and flat roofs.


All your personal possessions protected, anywhere in the world.


Accidental Damage Cover for Buildings and Contents.


Specialist cover for your fine art and antiques.

How can I protect my home while I’m away?

As well as having home insurance and strong home security, you could also use a home sitting service for live-in protection while you're away from your second home. John Lewis has negotiated a discounted fee with Homesitters Limited who will provide meticulously vetted, direct employees to care for your home – and even look after your pets – while you're away.

Did you know?

  • Antique and designer furniture
  • Paintings, drawings, etchings, maps, prints, photographs, books and manuscripts
  • Tapestries and rugs
  • Clocks and barometers
  • Curios and objets d'art
  • Statues and sculptures
  • Stamps, coins, medals and other collectable property
  • China, glassware and porcelain
  • Household gold, platinum, pewter and silverware
  • Antique Guns

Any questions?

For more information

For help with common Home Insurance issues, you can also read our Tips and advice page.