help us improve
We’re committed to making the John Lewis Insurance website accessible to everybody and have included features that make it easier to use by those with visual disabilities. We’re continuing to extend these features throughout the site and we’ll also add new accessibility features based on the feedback we receive from users.
The sections below give some advice about getting easier access to the site...
How to increase the text size
Most of the text on the site can be resized by changing your browser's settings.
To increase the text size on Internet Explorer for Windows
- Click on View (or hold down alt and press v at the same time).
- Select Text Size from the dropdown menu (or hold down alt and press x at the same time).
- Use the mouse or the cursor keys to select Larger or Largest (press enter to select the size you require).
Using the John Lewis Insurance website without a mouse
Many web browsers have keyboard shortcuts that you can use with any sites.
Here are some useful ones that work in both Internet Explorer and Firefox:
- tab - jump to the next link or entry box on the page
- shift + tab - jump to the previous link or entry box on the page
- alt + left cursor key - go back (equivalent to clicking the 'back' button)
- alt + right cursor key - go forward (equivalent to clicking the 'forward' button)
- F5 - refresh the page (equivalent to clicking the 'refresh' button)
- spacebar - select/deselect a checkbox when the keyboard focus is on it
- ctrl + f - find on this page
Advice if you use a screenreader
The fastest way to get to the main part of each page is to jump to the main heading of the page. For example, in Jaws press h until you hear "heading level 1" read out.
Please be aware that some links on johnlewisinsurance.com open in new windows, for example the quote pages. Where possible we have put in warning text saying "opens in a new window" after these links.
Note that if you have ad-blocking software or internet security software installed, you may also have to remove www.johnlewis.com/insurance from the sites that are blocked.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options (or hold down alt and press t at the same time, then continue to hold down alt and press the letter o).
- Using the mouse (or the shift, tab and cursor keys), select the Security tab, and click (or tab to) the icon for the zone containing John Lewis Insurance, usually Internet, then click Custom Level (or tab to it and press enter).
- Scroll down to Scripting and under Active Scripting, select Enable. You can select by pressing spacebar.
- Click OK (or tab to it and press enter). Click Yes to any popup asking if you want to change the security settings (or tab to yes and press enter), then click OK (or tab to it and press enter).