What is vetfone?
vetfone™ is a telephone service that allows you to speak to UK qualified veterinary nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Why use vetfone?
- If you aren’t sure if you need to see a vet, vetfone is a convenient first port of call, providing advice you can trust for peace of mind and reassurance. vetfone is part of the largest vet advice service in the UK and has safely managed more than 250,000 calls to date.
- In fact, 62% of customer who call vetfone out of hours don’t need to see a vet.* So, a call to vetfone may save you time and money for unnecessary trips to the vet.
- A call to vetfone won’t affect your premium or policy excess, however many times you phone.
- If it’s the weekend or out of hours, they’ll be able to tell you if you need to urgently go to the vet or if you can wait for surgery opening times, potentially saving you money on unnecessary out of hours trips. Over 60% of out of hours callers did not need to see a vet urgently, but if you do vetfone will be able to direct you to the nearest out of hours surgery.
- Call the vetfone helpline on 0800 316 7119 (24 hours a day).
*Based on 16,798 vetfone calls made between 01/04/2013 and 01/04/2014.
What is Lifetime Cover?
There are different types of pet insurance available. Some cap the total amount you can claim for each condition, others limit you to a year of treatment for a condition.
John Lewis only offers Lifetime Cover. This means, if you're insured with us and your premiums are paid, you could claim for a one-off mishap such as a cut paw or an illness such as diabetes which needs treatment every year, or both.
We offer three levels of cover so you can choose the level of veterinary fees you'll have to use for the treatment your pet needs. If your policy is renewed every year, we won't put a time limit on how long treatment can last and we'll pay up to your chosen vet fee limit each year that you need it.
We have carefully selected Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc
to underwrite John Lewis Pet Insurance.
Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply.
John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (No. 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Pet Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323). Calls may be recorded and monitored.
† John Lewis reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time